Baby originally only wore a blue diaper and had a yellow pacifier. In Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, he has taken on a more futuristic look with high tech, slick shades, along with a bib. Baby has never had a visible stubby tail in any of his appearances, which is probably due to the puffiness of his diaper.
Baby has a robot suit, which he uses every once in a while. The original version, which was more box-like in appearance, appears in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. The newer version, appearing in Super Monkey Ball 3D, is smaller, with a rounder body. Also, in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Baby has a clone named Baby Robo.
Baby is seen as the innocent one and is the brains of the team. He came from the future in Super Monkey Ball 2 to prevent Dr. Bad-Boon from ruining his mother (MeeMee) and father's (AiAi) relationship and to help bring all the bananas back to Jungle Island. In Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, he goes along with the other characters to stop an evil space pirate chimp who stole the golden bananas. In Super Monkey Ball Adventure, he once again comes from the future with Future AiAi to bring back happiness to the five kingdoms.
Starting in Super Monkey Ball Adventure, he can get around by walking on two legs inside his ball rather than crawling.
Baby has the role of a caring and naive person. In Super Monkey Ball 2, he is often known to show big emotion and somewhat large intelligence for a monkey his age, though this may be because of his time travel event.
Role in Games
Super Monkey Ball 2 Instruction Booklet: He came from the future to stop Dr. Bad-Boon's plot to prevent the marriage between AiAi and MeeMee. He is, in fact, the son of AiAi and MeeMee. He rarely cries, but once he does, he cries with the loudest voice on Jungle Island. Only MeeMee can stop his crying.
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe / Touch & Roll Websites: He is / Possibly the cutest baby ever to have gurgled from the trees of Jungle Island. The son of AiAi and MeeMee, his age is no impediment to his skill in a monkey ball. Baby is smaller, lighter and faster, but easy to see flying off the course. (Note: The segment before the slash is the beginning on the Deluxe website.)
Super Monkey Ball Adventure Instruction Booklet: The super intelligent time traveling baby from the future is wise well beyond his years. He rarely cries but when he does MeeMee can always quiet him down.
Super Monkey Ball Adventure In-Game: Baby always says exactly what he is thinking. It gets the rest of the team into big trouble.
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Instruction Booklet:/Super Monkey Ball: Step and Roll Instruction Booklet: He is the son of AiAi and MeeMee, but he comes from the future. He is obstinate and rarely cries, but when he does, only MeeMee can calm him down.
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Website: He is the coolest baby monkey around with slick sunglasses and a lightning fast crawl. Though he's usually jovial, enjoying all his family's adventures, he is sometimes known to melt down completely and his cries can be heard all across Jungle Island. Only MeeMee can calm him down.
Super Monkey Ball World (flash website): He's the coolest, fastest baby around and he travels from the future to stop Dr. Bad-Boon's plan to break up his parents. He rarely cries, but when he does it reverberates across Jungle Island. Only MeeMee can calm him down.
Monkey Fight Statistics
The following are Baby's statistics in Super Monkey Ball 3D's Monkey Fight. Note that he wears his robot
suit in this game.
- Power: 2
- Speed: 4
- Jump: 4
Baby's Special Attack is called Sonic Wave. In it, he lets out a sonic wave from his suit, affecting everyone within a moderate distance
Enter the fight in your robotic machine!
- Main article: Baby/Animations
- Monkey Bowling 2 Defeat Animations
- Monkey Bowling Defeat Animations
- Monkey Race 2 Victory Animations
- Monkey Target Victory Animations
- Other Super Monkey Ball 2 Victory Animations
- Super Monkey Ball 2 Challenge Mode Clear Animations
- Super Monkey Ball 2 Character Chosen Animations
- Super Monkey Ball 2 Continue Animations
- Super Monkey Ball 2 Idle Animations
- Super Monkey Ball 2 Podium Animations
- Super Monkey Ball Adventure Idle Animations
- Super Monkey Ball Adventure Podium Animations
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Character Chosen Animations
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Continue Animations
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Idle Animations
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Main Game Victory Animations
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Podium Animations
- Super Monkey Ball Challenge Mode Clear Animations
- Super Monkey Ball Character Chosen Animations
- Super Monkey Ball Idle Animations
- Super Monkey Ball Podium Animations
- Main article: Baby/Videos
- Main article: Baby/Gallery
- "Dis is a bomb! I think Dr. BAD-BOON is going to use dis volcano to blow eberyting up!" (Super Monkey Ball 2 Story Mode cutscene #2)
- "Waah! Waah! I tink I wet myself!" (Super Monkey Ball 2 Story Mode cutscene #3)
- "Did we hurt him that much!? I feel terrible!" (Super Monkey Ball 2 Story Mode cutscene #4)
- ”I’m happy to complete da Beginner level! I wanna pway a harder level!” (Beginner Extra incomplete)
- "You completed da Advanced level! Just chawenge yourself with a harder level!" (Advanced Extra incomplete)
- ”You did it! You compweted this difficult level! You made me so happy! You are gweat!” (Expert Extra)
- ”Goo goo! You did it! You completed da level! You are Super Monkey Ball 2’s best friend!” (Master Extra incomplete)
- In Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, if you play through all the Party Games at least once, Baby will be playable in the robo suit in Main Game by pressing the 1 button on the Wii Remote while choosing your character before choosing a world. He accelerates better than normal Baby, but he can't fit into smaller spaces.
- While Baby crawls or uses a robot to get around in other games, Super Monkey Ball Adventure is the first and only game where Baby actually walks around on two legs with ease. Furthermore, while Baby could bounce on his butt and could occasionally jump on his feet, Baby can jump on his feet in Super Monkey Ball Adventure.
- In Super Monkey Ball, Players 2, 3 & 4, if they are all playing as Baby, change fur color according to the players' colour instead of altering clothes.
- This feature was averted in later games whereas if Baby is controlled by either Player 2, 3, 4, etc., his diaper changes color instead.
- Originally, Baby's diaper was a pale blue. Starting with Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, his diaper is a deep-sky blue colour with light blue stars designed on it.
- There is only one time where Baby is seen without his pacifier. It is in an artwork from Super Monkey Ball, where he (with MeeMee watching) is eating a large banana that AiAi is carrying, his mouth is the same as MeeMee and YanYan's. Despite Baby being male.
- In every party game in the mainline Super Monkey Ball franchise (Super Monkey Ball Adventure is an exception), Baby bounces on his bottom.