Uhl's role was never officially credited in any of the Super Monkey Ball games. Due to this lack of information, his role was often attributed to Patrick Harlan, a Japanese celebrity of American origin. Harlan was credited in Super Monkey Ball 2 (though not in the original) for providing the voices of GonGon and Dr. Bad-Boon, and he was the only actor in the credits of either game to be a native English speaker.
Uhl's identity was revealed in December 2019 by YouTuber Nick Robinson, who directly contacted Harlan leading him to Chris Wells to help him contact the voice actor behind the narrator.
Super Monkey Ball Credits
- Super Monkey Ball
- Super Monkey Ball 2
- Super Monkey Ball (N-Gage)
- Super Monkey Ball Jr.
- Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
- Super Monkey Ball Adventure
- Sega Superstars (Monkey Ball Minigame)
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania
- En.wikipedia.org. (n.d.). Super Monkey Ball. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Monkey_Ball [Accessed 11 Dec. 2019]. IMDb. (n.d.). Brian Matt-Uhl - IMDb. [online] Available at: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1015773/ [Accessed 11 Dec. 2019]. Robinson, N. (2019). Solving Super Monkey Ball's biggest mystery. [video] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inUkotGb-K4 [Accessed 11 Dec. 2019].