Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll (also known as Super Monkey Ball DS in Japan) is the third handheld game in the Super Monkey Ball Series, released for the Nintendo DS in 2005 in Japan and in 2006 for the rest of the world. It was developed and published by Sega.
The Main Game consists of the same core gameplay, you control the stage by using the D-Pad or the DS Stylus to guide your monkey through obstacles and to the goal, while also collecting bananas to earn score and get extra lives by collecting 10 of them. This is the first game in the series that doesn't have a choice of difficulty levels. Instead, it goes by separate worlds, each one becoming harder than the last.
There are six Party Games, of which three return from previous installments and three new ones. All of them must be controlled using the DS-Stylus, as the D-Pad is not an option.
- Monkey Race
- Monkey Fight
- Monkey Bowling
- Monkey Hockey
- Monkey Wars
- Monkey Mini Golf
This game features 12 worlds, of which two are secret worlds. These worlds can be accessed through a world map.
- Main article: Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll/Worlds
Each world consists of 10 stages, tallying up to 120 stages total.
- Main article: Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll/Stages
- This is the first game in Super Monkey Ball Series where Amusement Vision is neither seen nor credited, due to its merging with Sega.
- All of the world songs (except for worlds 2, 6 and 12) are remixed in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz.
- This is the only Super Monkey Ball game that has no continues when the player has lost all of their lives.
- This is also the only Super Monkey Ball game where the announcer’s voice is not heard.
- While the characters do have different designs in this game, they are not the revisions from Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz.
- This is the only Super Monkey Ball game where MeeMee wears red dress shoes and where Baby wears shoes. Both of these features are absent in other games.
|Games & Media|
|Games||Arcade||Monkey Ball • Ticket Blitz|
|Home Console||Super Monkey Ball • Super Monkey Ball 2 • Deluxe • Adventure • Banana Blitz • Step & Roll • Banana Blitz HD • Banana Mania|
|Handheld||Super Monkey Ball Jr. • Super Monkey Ball (N-Gage) • Touch & Roll • Adventure • Super Monkey Ball 3D • Banana Splitz|
|Mobile||SEGA Monkey Ball • AiAi's Funhouse • Super Monkey Ball (N-Gage) • Mini Golf • Bowling • Tip 'n Tilt • Tip 'n Tilt 2 • Super Monkey Ball Mobile • Super Monkey Ball (iOS) • Super Monkey Ball 2 (iOS) (Sakura Edition) • Uki-Uki Seesaw • Bounce|
|PC||Banana Blitz HD • Banana Mania|
|Flash||Super Monkey Ball Mini • Super Monkey Ball 2 Mini • Disco Ball • Banana Blitz Mini|
|Cancelled||Super Monkey Ball 3: Banana Crazy|
|Other Media||SMB2 Paper Printouts • Super Monkey Ball World|