Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll (also known as Super Monkey Ball DS in Japan) is the third handheld game in the Super Monkey Ball Series, released for the Nintendo DS in 2005 in Japan and in 2006 for the rest of the world. It was developed and published by Sega.
The Main Game consists of the same core gameplay, you control the stage by using the D-Pad or the DS Stylus to guide your monkey through obstacles and to the goal, while also collecting bananas to earn score and get extra lives by collecting 10 of them. This is the first game in the series that doesn't have a choice of difficulty levels. Instead, it goes by separate worlds, each one becoming harder than the last.
There are six Party Games, of which three return from previous installments and three new ones. All of them must be controlled using the DS-Stylus, as the D-Pad is not an option.
- Monkey Race
- Monkey Fight
- Monkey Bowling
- Monkey Hockey
- Monkey Wars
- Monkey Mini Golf
This game features 12 worlds, of which two are secret worlds. These worlds can be accessed through a world map.
- Main article: Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll/Worlds
Each world consists of 10 stages, tallying up to 120 stages total. Every 5th stage is a bonus stage. Notably, many of the stages in this game are remakes of levels from previous games.
- Main article: Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll/Stages
- This is the first game in the series where Amusement Vision is neither seen nor credited, due to its merger with Sega.
- This is the only game in the series where the announcer’s voice is not heard.
- All of the world songs (except those of Junglistic Journey, Ice Lolly Land and Mesh Mosh) are remixed in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz.
- This was the only game in the series to have no continues when the player has ran out of their lives, until Banana Mania omitted this feature as well, by removing the lives system altogether.
- The designs of the characters were changed in this game, with said designs being a transitional phase between the original designs, and the modern designs introduced in Banana Blitz.
|Games & Media|
|Games||Arcade||Monkey Ball • Ticket Blitz|
|Home Console||Super Monkey Ball • Super Monkey Ball 2 • Deluxe • Adventure • Banana Blitz • Step & Roll • Banana Blitz HD • Banana Mania|
|Handheld||Super Monkey Ball Jr. • Super Monkey Ball (N-Gage) • Touch & Roll • Adventure • Super Monkey Ball 3D • Banana Splitz|
|Mobile||SEGA Monkey Ball • AiAi's Funhouse • Super Monkey Ball (N-Gage) • Mini Golf • Bowling • Tip 'n Tilt • Tip 'n Tilt 2 • Super Monkey Ball Mobile • Super Monkey Ball (iOS) • Super Monkey Ball 2 (iOS) (Sakura Edition) • Uki-Uki Seesaw • Bounce|
|PC||Banana Blitz HD • Banana Mania|
|Flash||Super Monkey Ball Mini • Super Monkey Ball 2 Mini • Disco Ball • Banana Blitz Mini|
|Cancelled||Super Monkey Ball 3: Banana Crazy|
|Other Media||SMB2 Paper Printouts • Super Monkey Ball World|