|This article is a stub. Please help Super Monkey Ball Wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, and improving existing text.
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania (known as Tabegoro! Super Monkey Ball 1&2 Remake in Japan) is a video game in the Super Monkey Ball Series, which released on October 5th, 2021 on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Windows PCs (via Steam), PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. It is a remake of Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2 and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe with additional features.
The game was announced during the 2021 E3 Nintendo Direct, which took place June 15th, 2021.
On the 15th of April 2021, the Australian Classification Board gave a PG rating to a new installment titled Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania. On the 10th of June 2021, the Brazilian advisory ratings board listed a game by the same name. On the 14th of June 2021, box art for the PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch versions of Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania were seemingly leaked online, in addition to five screenshots of the game.
The game features stages from Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2, and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe remade in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD's engine. The monkeys will appear in their modern designs, and the artstyle is largely based on Banana Blitz HD, with the user interface and menu designs also being based off of said game.
This game adds many new features not found in the original games, aside from the remade graphics.
- All eight characters are now voiced by Noriko Hidaka, Seiki Toshihiko, and Koichi Yamadera.
- YanYan and Doctor, who were introduced in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, as well as Jam, who was introduced in Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll, and Jet, who debuted in Super Monkey Ball 3D, have been added as additional characters. However, Jam and Jet will be unlockable.
- Sonic and Tails, in their classic form, were leaked as playable characters upon the game's announcement, and were officially teased at the end of the "Meet the Gang" trailer. The characters were officially confirmed as playable on August 11th, 2021.
- Beat from Jet Set Radio appears as an unlockable playable character.
- Kazuma Kiryu from the Yakuza series was confirmed as a unlockable playable character.
- Legacy SEGA consoles can now be playable characters, which include Game Gear, Sega Saturn, and the Dreamcast.
- Morgana from Persona 5 has been confirmed as a playable character through DLC.
- Sanrio's Hello Kitty is set to make an appearance as a guest character through DLC.
- Suezo from Koei Tecmo's Monster Rancher franchise has been confirmed as a guest character through DLC.
- New assist options are available. Many of them disable scoring for online leaderboards:
- The story mode from Super Monkey Ball 2/Deluxe returns, with the cutscenes being presented in a new, comic book style format.
- Online leaderboards have been added for both the main game and party games.
- The ball and monkey can be customized.
- A Reverse Mode, in which the player must complete a selection of 10 stages in reverse.
- A Dark Banana Mode, in which the player must clear 10 stages while avoiding rotten bananas.
- A Golden Banana Mode, in which the player must collect all the bananas across 10 stages. Goals have been omitted from this mode.
- Completing this mode unlocks Golden AiAi as an alternate appearance for AiAi.
- An Original Stage Mode, which collects 23 stages and presents them in their original, unaltered forms from the original games.
- The ability to control the camera has been added.
- Photo Mode has been added.
- Additionally, three special Render Modes (Sepia, Noir, and Toy) are available as unlockables. These renders add image filters to the gameplay.
- A Retry button has been added to Practice Mode.
- An option to skip stages has been added.
- The lives system has been removed.
- Morgana (DLC)
- Hello Kitty (DLC)
- Suezo (DLC)
- Game Gear (DLC)
- Saturn (DLC)
- Dreamcast (DLC)
The Main Game features every stage from Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2, and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe with some stages being altered a bit. There are six different main modes.
- Story Mode
- SMB1 Challenge Mode
- SMB2 Challenge Mode
- SMB1 Practice Mode
- SMB2 Practice Mode
- Special Mode
- Monkey Race
- Monkey Fight
- Monkey Target
- Monkey Billiards
- Monkey Bowling
- Monkey Golf
- Monkey Boat
- Monkey Shot
- Monkey Dogfight
- Monkey Soccer
- Monkey Baseball
- Monkey Tennis
Main Game Time Attack
Party Game Score Attack
- Main article: Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania/Costumes
- Main article: Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania/Animations
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Main Game Victory Animations
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Podium Animations
- Main article: Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania/Gallery
- Unlike Super Monkey Ball Deluxe, stages in Challenge Mode are now separated not just by difficulty, but also by which game in which they appeared, resulting in two of each difficulty, with the stages from Super Monkey Ball Deluxe being given their own mode. 
- Unlike other games in the series, "Beginner" mode is referred to as "Casual." 
- Jam and Jet share the same victory animations as AiAi.
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania has received generally positive reviews. It received a 76 out of 100 for the Nintendo Switch version, a 76 out of 100 for the PlayStation 5 version, and a 76 out of 100 for the Xbox Series X version.
- Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania | Meet the Gang - YouTube
- Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania Preview (in Japanese)
|Games & Media|
|Games||Arcade||Monkey Ball • Ticket Blitz|
|Home Console||Super Monkey Ball • Super Monkey Ball 2 • Deluxe • Adventure • Banana Blitz • Step & Roll • Banana Blitz HD • Banana Mania|
|Handheld||Super Monkey Ball Jr. • Super Monkey Ball (N-Gage) • Touch & Roll • Adventure • Super Monkey Ball 3D • Banana Splitz|
|Mobile||SEGA Monkey Ball • AiAi's Funhouse • Super Monkey Ball (N-Gage) • Mini Golf • Bowling • Tip 'n Tilt • Tip 'n Tilt 2 • Super Monkey Ball Mobile • Super Monkey Ball (iOS) • Super Monkey Ball 2 (iOS) (Sakura Edition) • Uki-Uki Seesaw • Bounce|
|PC||Banana Blitz HD • Banana Mania|
|Flash||Super Monkey Ball Mini • Super Monkey Ball 2 Mini • Disco Ball • Banana Blitz Mini|
|Cancelled||Super Monkey Ball 3: Banana Crazy|
|Other Media||SMB2 Paper Printouts • Super Monkey Ball World|