Super Monkey Ball Deluxe is the third home console installment of the Super Monkey Ball series which released on the Xbox and the Playstation 2. It combines all features from Super Monkey Ball and Super Monkey Ball 2, as well as 47 all-new stages exclusive to this game, making up for a total of 310 stages to play on.
There are also "DX" versions of the Party Games, which fully incorporate the Super Monkey Ball and Super Monkey Ball 2 rules and content.
Main Game follows suit from past games; it brings back Super Monkey Ball 2's Story Mode now with 20 stages per world instead of 10. In order to progress to the next world, you'll have to clear 10 out of these 20 stages instead of all 20.
In Challenge Mode, the same difficulties apply: Beginner, Advanced, Expert, and Master. Beginner has 40 stages, Advanced has 70, and Expert has 100. Master, which has 20 stages, can be unlocked when the player has completed the Expert difficulty without losing a continue. When the player manages to beat all the levels in Beginner, Advanced, and Expert, they can unlock Ultimate mode, which consists of all 300 stages.
After completing a level marked with "Final Stage" at the bottom of the screen, you will be able to save your progress up to that point. Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll did something similar with Marathon Mode.
- Main article: Category:Deluxe-Exclusive Stages
All of the Party Games from the first two games are here, and they play the same as they did on the GameCube. No play points are needed to unlock. The Party Games marked DX combine both content from Super Monkey Ball and Super Monkey Ball 2 and have all available to play. For example, in Monkey Race DX, the player has the option to either play the Grand Prix version of 1 or 2.
Below is a list of all Party Games found in this game:
- Monkey Race DX
- Monkey Fight DX
- Monkey Target DX
- Monkey Billiards DX
- Monkey Bowling DX
- Monkey Golf DX
- Monkey Boat
- Monkey Shot
- Monkey Dogfight
- Monkey Soccer
- Monkey Baseball
- Monkey Tennis
- Monkey Bowling 2 Defeat Animations
- Monkey Race 2 Victory Animations
- Other Super Monkey Ball 2 Victory Animations
- Super Monkey Ball 2 Challenge Mode Clear Animations
- Super Monkey Ball 2 Character Chosen Animations
- Super Monkey Ball 2 Continue Animations
- Super Monkey Ball 2 Idle Animations
- Super Monkey Ball 2 Podium Animations
- This game has the largest amount of stages in any Super Monkey Ball game to date.
- Due to the game not releasing on the Nintendo GameCube, the stage Nintendo has been replaced with Destiny.
- Despite being developed after Amusement Vision merged with Sega, the stages AV Logo, Created By, and Stoppers still feature its logo.
- The Super Monkey Ball stages were given names in this game, leading to some other stages being renamed. For example, Bowl is now named Rising Inclines due to Advanced 12 being named Bowl.
- Blocks, Dance Master, and bananas found throughout stages have their Dole logo removed.
- The sound of the ball rolling, which is usually heard in every game, is missing in this game. A small wobbling sound is heard every now and then, most likely when going at high speeds. You can also hear the sounds of the ball bumping into things.
- The music that was used in the Space world in Super Monkey Ball was removed and changed to the Arctic background music for unknown reasons. The Arctic world has the Sky High background music as a replacement.
- Some stages from previous games switched worlds from their original games:
- Randomizer, Coin Slots, Seesaw Bridges, and Arthropod switched from Boiling Pot to Space.
- Wavy Jump, Spiky, Unrest, and Polar switched from Underwater to Boiling Pot.
- Zigzag Slope, Tower, Toggle, and Combination switched from Boiling Pot and Clock Tower Factory to Under the Ocean.
- Tram, Swing Bar Long, Paper Work, and Twin Attacker switched from Underwater and Desert to Sky High.
- In the PS2 version, for unknown reasons, AiAi's rear gets bigger when he is accelerating.
|Super Monkey Ball Games|
|Arcade||Monkey Ball • Ticket Blitz|
|Home Console||Super Monkey Ball • Super Monkey Ball 2 • Deluxe • Adventure • Banana Blitz • Step & Roll • Banana Blitz HD • Banana Mania|
|Handheld||Jr. • N-Gage • Touch & Roll • Adventure • 3D • Banana Splitz|
|Mobile||SEGA Monkey Ball • AiAi's Funhouse • J-Phone • N-Gage • Bowling • Mini Golf • Tip 'n Tilt • Tip 'n Tilt 2 • Mobile • iOS • iOS 2 (Sakura) • Uki-Uki Seesaw • Bounce|
|PC||Banana Blitz HD • Banana Mania|
|Flash||SMB1 Mini • SMB2 Mini • Disco Ball • Banana Blitz Mini|
|Cancelled||Super Monkey Ball 3: Banana Crazy|